Thursday, January 8, 2015

Easy and Cute Christmas Savings!

  Easy and Cute Chrsitmas Savings Tip

 
The Christmas season is finally over and we can all go back to life as normal!!! I for one love the end of the Christmas season as much as I love the beginning. I have a habit of taking down the tree December 26th, packing up all the decorations, putting away all the new toys and clothes, and not having another Christmas-y though until about Halloween. This year, I really want to change that by preparing for Christmas year round so that it won't be such a drain on us next winter.
 
So, I got really lucky and found this adorable shadow box on sale at Dollar General. It has a slit in the top so kids can write down their Christmas wishes, but instead we are going to drop all of our change plus $40 a month into that slit. I think it will be really fun to actually watch our savings grow, and after saving change only for a month we had saved up $53.17 in December. In January we have started adding the $40/month in cash as well. We look forward to having around $1,000 extra dollars at Christmas time next year :)
 
What do you do with your change? Leave your ideas in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I never spend change in a store or carry it with me. Every coin my husband or I receive is thrown into a gallon jar at the end of the day. When it is full, we cash it in and spend it on vacation.

    ReplyDelete